Samsung Flow provides a seamless, secure and connected experience between your smartphone and your tablet or PC.
What is Samsung Flow and how do I use it?
You can simply move documents, get your phone notification from your PC or tablet, and view your smartphone content on a bigger screen.
Before trying the recommendations below for your solutions, be sure to check if your device software and related apps are updated to the latest version. Please check how to update the software of your mobile device in the following order.
– Step 1: Go to Settings> Software Update.
– Step 2: Tap Download & Install.
– Step 3: Follow the on-screen instructions.
The main functions of Samsung Flow
– Secure access with Galaxy devices: Samsung Flow allows you to securely access your computer.
– Smart View: share phone screen to tablet / PC by Samsung Flow ‘Smart View’
– Transfer: Allows you to transfer content and activity to another device.
– Notification Sync: You can check your notifications from your smartphone on tablet / PC and reply to messages directly.
– Automatic Hotspot Link: Easily activate your mobile hotspot.
How to pair your smartphone and your tablet / PC
– Step 1: Start the Samsung Flow app on your phone and tablet / PC.
– Step 2: Choose your phone from the list.
– Step 3: Confirm the password on both devices.
– Step 4: Samsung Flow setup is done.
Note: If your smartphone does not appear in the list, check if Samsung Flu has the latest version.
Adjust your notificationsClick to collapse
There are some app notifications that you want to see on your PC or tablet, but not so much for others. Notifications from some messaging apps and other apps can be sent to your PC or tablet. In this case, you can manage the apps that Samsung Flow is going to push as below.
– Step 1: Open the Samsung Flow app on your phone
– Step 2: Tap More options (three vertical dots)> Settings> Manage notifications.
– Step 3: Tap the switch next to the apps you want Samsung Flow to receive notifications from.
Activate and use Smart View
Share your phone screen to your PC or tablet using Smart View while reading all your documents. There are simple steps you can take to get a larger screen view. Once paired, all actions performed on this screen will also occur on your phone.
– Step 1: Make sure your phone and other device are paired.
– Step 2: On your PC or tablet, open Samsung Flow and then select the Smart View icon.
– Step 3: Your phone screen will appear in a second window.
Here are the other things you can do when Smart View is enabled in Samsung Flow.
– Do Not Disturb: Minimize alerts and notifications to enjoy fewer distractions.
– Rotation: Rotate the phone screen to landscape or portrait mode for easier viewing.
– Full Screen: Open the Smart View window in full screen view on your PC or tablet.
– Phone screen on / off: Activate or deactivate your phone screen.
– Screenshot: Take a screenshot of your phone screen.
– Resolution: change the resolution of the displayed phone screen.
– Favorites: add up to 8 of your favorite apps for quick access in Smart View.